Spousal signatures are OK for Farm Service Agency

Husbands and wives may sign documents on behalf of each other for Farm Service Agency and Commodity Credit Corporation programs in which either has an interest. The option is automatically available unless a written request for exclusion is made to the county office staff by either spouse.
There are exceptions to the rule, where spouses may not sign on behalf of each other for partnerships, joint ventures, corporations or other similar entities.
Individual signatures also are required on certain Farm Loan Program and Farm Storage Facility Loan documents.
For more information on spousal signature authority, contact the Wyandot County FSA office at 419-294-2127 or 419-294-1658 and choose option two.
The Wyandot County FSA office has installed a new telephone system and still is working out some issues. There will be an auto teller when callers initially reach the office, and they can choose what office they want. FSA is option one, the Natural Resources Conservation Service is option three and the Wyandot Soil and Water Conservation District is option five.
For more information, contact the office.

Share This Post

Posted by on January 7, 2014. Filed under Farm Country. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

You must be logged in to post a comment Login